Applications will be accepted from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM only, during Consulate hours.
Documents for authentication may be claimed after one (1) day.
Procedure for Authentication
- Bring the document to be authenticated. The documents must be in English. If not, a translation in English is necessary.
- The local notary public in Geneva and/or Vaud must notarize commercial documents that need to be authenticated.
- The documents must also be legalized by the Service des legalization.
Please find below the contact details of the Service des legalisation in Geneva.
|Addresse:||Office cantonal de la population
Service des passeports et de la nationalite (2eme etage)
Route de Chancy 88, 1213 Onex
|Telephone:||+41 22 546 48 60|
|Heures d’ouverture:||Ouverture du lundi au vendredi inclus de 7h30 a 15h30 non stop|
|Acces lignes TPG:||Tram 14, Bus K et L arret “Bandol”|
- Important: Please bring one (1) photocopy of each of the documents to be authenticated.
- Present your valid passport with the documents for authentication.
- Pay the Authentication Fee: CHF 25. Kindly please note that the Consulate can only accept CASH payments of fees.
Claiming of Authenticated Documents
- Bring the official receipt and claim the authenticated document/s on the indicated release schedule.
- When you cannot personally claim the authenticated documents, your representative should present a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and his/her passport.
- Upon receipt of the authenticated document/s, kindly double check the information before leaving the Consulate.